|- Security Guides/Handbooks/Tutorials||- Firewalls|
|- General Security Tips and Advice||- Wireless Security|
|- Best Security Software||- Website/Application Security|
|- Identity Theft/Fraud||- Network Security|
|- Anti-phishing||- Data Backup|
|- Anti-spam||- Publications|
|- Malicious Software Information||- Miscellaneous|
|- Latest Security News||- Friends of Select Real Security|
|- Social Networking Security||- Revision History|
|- Password Security|
Security Guides/Handbooks/TutorialsMalicious Software Prevention:
- Gizmo’s Guide to Securing Your PC by Gizmo Richards
- How to Stay Safe While Online
- How-to Security Booklet by Security In a Box
- Malware Prevention – Preventing Re-infection by Russ Stamm
- How Malware Spreads – How Did I Get Infected by Russ Stamm
- Hardening Windows Security
- How (and why) to secure your Windows PC
- Malware Incident Prevention and Handling [PDF]
- CKnow Computer Virus Tutorial
- Securing Windows XP by Eric Vaughan and Allen Weil
- Securing Your Home Computer
- Protect Your Computer by Oregon State University
- The 20 Minute Guide to PC Security
- Computer Virus Primer for Network Administrators by Bernie Klinder
- Keeping Your Kids Internet Safe and Smart [PDF]
- Browser Security Handbook by Michal Zalewski
- IT Security Cookbook by Sean Boran
- Cyber-Safety for Everyone: from Kids to Elders by M. E. Kabay [PDF]
- Keep Yourself and Your Stuff Safe Online by Linda McCarthy
- How to Secure Windows and Your Privacy by Howard Fosdick [PDF]
- Silver Surfers’ Online Safety Guide [PDF]
- HackerProof: Your Guide To PC Security by Matt Smith
- Microsoft Security Update Guide
- Best Practices for Keeping Your Home Network Secure by NSA [PDF]
- Security Concepts: an online book about computer, hardware, and cryptographic security.
- The Rough Guide to Online Safety by GetSafeOnline.org
- Computer and Data Security Guide for Windows
Malicious Software Removal:
- Malware Removal Guide for Windows
- How to Clean An Infected Computer
- How to clean up your site from a malware infection
General Security Tips and Advice
- Cyber Security Tips: tips and advice on common security issues for non-technical computer users.
- Security Awareness Tip of The Day: has a huge collection of simple and useful tips and provides a new tip every day.
- Home Computer Security Checklist: a list of computer security tips with comprehensive details about each tip.
- Security 101: a large collection of tips, how-to’s and other advice on computer and network security.
- CyberCoyote: has excellent information and advice that covers a variety of security topics.
- The Top Ten Most Dangerous Things You Can Do Online
- Stopping Malware on its Tracks: lists ways you can prevent and detect infections (by Lenny Zeltser).
- Securing Microsoft Windows by David A. Wheeler
- How to Stay Secure Online by Adam Dachis
- How to protect yourself from malware
- 32 Ways to Secure Your Digital Life
- Safe Internet Surfing by Robert P. Lipschutz and John Clyman
- Malware Prevention and Avoidance
- 9 Easy Ways To Never Get A Virus by James Bruce
- Ten Immutable Laws Of Security: Microsoft’s ten facts of life regarding computer security.
- 6 Rules of Thumb to Help Protect Your Information and Privacy Online by Tracy Hulver
- Protecting a Laptop from Simple and Sophisticated Attacks by Mike Cardwell
Best Security Software
- Best Free Security Software for Windows: tells you the latest and best free security software that you could be using.
- Best Antivirus Comparison: compare antivirus reviews and ratings.
- About Identity Theft – Deter. Detect. Defend
- Identity Theft: What to Do if It Happens to You: provides instructions how to reclaim your financial health and who to contact for more help.
- Identity Theft FAQ: answers to frequently asked questions about identity theft.
- Reducing the Risk of Fraud: lists steps you can take to reduce your risk of fraud.
- Limiting Identity Theft Damage
- Identity Theft Prevention Handbook by Todd M Feinman
- Email and web scams: How to help protect yourself: learn how to avoid online scams that may come your way.
- How To Prevent Identity Theft – 11 Easy Ways
- 9 Ways to Prevent Identity Theft From Your Online Activities
- Preventing and Responding to Identity Theft
- 25 Ways to Avoid Auction Fraud From a Seller’s Perspective
- How to Protect Yourself from Online Fraud and Identity Theft by Alan Henry
- PhishTank: submit, verify, track, and share phishing data.
- Google Safe Browsing: report phishing pages.
- How to Avoid Phishing Scams: lists helpful advice you can use to avoid becoming a victim of phishing scams.
- The Phishing Guide: covers the technologies and security flaws Phishers exploit to conduct their attacks, and provides detailed advice on what organizations can do to prevent future attacks (by Gunter Ollmann).
- How to recognize phishing e-mails or links
- How to reduce the quantity of spam
- How to Avoid Getting Spammed
- How to Report Spam
- Twitter Account Validator: quickly check if a twitter username is a spammer or a bot.
- Free Anti-Spam Tools and Services
- Email Harvesting Techniques FAQ: lists and describes the many ways spammers get email addresses.
Malicious Software Information
- The Evolution of Malicious Agents by Lenny Zeltser
- Strategies of Computer Worms: describes the nature and evolution of the computer worm (by Peter Szor).
- Most Damaging Malware: provides an overview of the most damaging types of malware (by Mary Landesman).
- Rootkit Analysis: What is a Rootkit by Matthew Vea
- A quick and dirty guide to malware: a three-part series covering viruses, trojans, and worms.
- Malware Characteristics
- How to Identify Malware Behavior by Mark Morgan
- The Truth about Trojan Horses on the Internet by Sarah Gordon and David M. Chess
- Inside the Business of Malware (Infographic): shows the way that attackers compromise their victims’ computers, sell malware and then launder the proceeds.
- Malware Infection Vectors: Past, Present, and Future by Paul Schmehl
- Who creates malware and why?
Latest Security News
Social Networking Security
- Staying Safe on Social Network Sites
- How to protect your Facebook account from hackers, spammers and clowns
- 6 Tips for Safer Facebooking
- How to Tweet Safely: A Quick Guide to Twitter Security
- 11 Security Tips for Online Social Networking by Lenny Zeltser
- How to Avoid Malware on Facebook and Twitter by Sarah Perez
- The 8 Most Important Ways to Protect Your Identity and Privacy on Facebook
- A Guide to Facebook Security by Facebook
- Password Strength Checker: online tool that tests the strength of your passwords as you type them.
- How I’d Hack Your Weak Passwords: John Pozadzides provides an excellent read about password security.
- A Guide To Better Password Practices by Sarah Granger
- Creating Secure Passwords: tips for creating strong passwords you can remember (by Tony Bradley).
- Passwords: Make them Effective
- The Usability of Passwords: an excellent article on “how to make usable and secure passwords” (by Thomas Baekdal).
Secure Web Browsing
- Best Free Browser Protection Utility
- Securing Your Web Browser: provides instructions on how to configure your web browser for safer internet surfing.
- URLVoid: quickly check if a website is safe to browse.
- vURL Online: quickly and safely analyze malicious or suspected websites.
- Firewalls by Tony Northrup: covers the design, deployment, and use of both network and host-based firewalls.
- How to Select a Network Firewall by Brian Monkman
- Interhack’s Internet Firewall FAQ: answers to frequently asked questions about Internet firewalls.
- Firewall FAQ by Microsoft
- Mail Security – Keep Your Inbox Safe: comprehensive tutorial with tips and tricks for email security.
- The 25 Most Common Mistakes in Email Security
- Best Free Email Client
- Five Free Temporary Email Services To Avoid Spam
Wireless Security (Wi-Fi)
- How to Secure Your Wireless Network by Becky Waring
- 10 Tips for Wireless Home Network Security
- Keep Your Windows Computer Secure on Public Wireless Hotspots
- 8 tips for working securely from wireless hot spots
- 5 ways to protect your Wi-Fi network from hackers by Phil Hornshaw
- How to Lock Down Your Wireless Network by Alex Wawro
Website and Application Security
- SQL Injection Attack and Defense by Sagar Joshi
- SQL Injection Attacks and Some Tips on How to Prevent Them by Colin Mackay
- How to prevent your site from getting hacked / How to repair a damaged site by Steven Whitney.
- Web Application Penetration Testing: information for penetration testers.
- 10 Ways To Beef Up Your Website’s Security
- Basic Website Security Checklist by Chad Perrin
- Common Security Mistakes in Web Applications by Philip Tellis
- Unmask Parasites: free online tool that scans your website for malware.
- CWE/SANS Top 25 Most Dangerous Software Errors: a list of the most widespread and critical programming errors.
- WordPress Security 101: Securing Your Site by Willie Jackson
- Securing Your WordPress Website by Daniel Pataki
- SQL Injection Prevention Cheat Sheet
- Introduction to Network Security by Matt Curtin
- Home Network Security: an overview of the security risks and countermeasures associated with Internet connectivity.
- Top 125 Network Security Tools: listing of the top 125 network security tools.
- Network Security in the Age of *Any* Computing by Mike Rothman
- How to back up files and recover data
- Best Free Backup Program
- Best Free Online Backup Sites
- The Backup and Restore Guide by Tina Sieber
- How To Backup Operating Systems: a step-by-step guide for backing up and restoring the operating system installed on your PC.
- SANS Information Security Reading Room: has over 1,900 original computer security white papers in 77 different categories.
- Network Security Library: site with hundreds of network security related articles, books, FAQs, and white papers.
- Security Papers and Articles: vulnerability analysis papers, tutorials and articles from the Exploit Database.
- The Infosec Writers Text Library
- White Papers and Articles – Trend Micro
- Honeynet Project – Know Your Enemy Papers
- Information Security Research Library: white papers, case studies and product information on the latest security solutions and technologies.
- Technical Info – Gunter Ollmann: has some excellent white papers and articles on various security topics.
- PacketSource: directory of information security articles, white papers, and documents.
- US-CERT – Security Publications
- RootSecure – PDF Documents: notable papers and articles from the past few years on security and other related topics.
- Symantec Security Response: offers white papers on a range of issues relating to Internet security.
- Entrust White Papers on Internet Security and Encryption
- SecDocs: provides papers, slides, and videos on IT security and hacking.
- ICSA Labs White Papers
- ESET White Papers
- Infosec White Papers
- Modern Computer Attack and Defense Techniques by Lenny Zeltser
- Web Security: Are You Part Of The Problem? by Christian Heilmann
- Security Risks of Near Field Communication: looks at the risks associated with NFC and tells you how to avoid them.
- Firewall Guide: information and reviews on security, personal firewall software and hardware, and more.
- Firewall.com: a directory of security resources.
- Complete Computer Security Information – David Woodsmall: a multitude of links to articles and websites about protecting your computer and data (frequently updated).
- GCK’s Information Security URLs: provides links to security related sites.
- IT Security Overview and Web Resources
- The Six Dumbest Ideas in Computer Security: a very interesting read (by Marcus J. Ranum).
- Plug and Prey: Malicious USB Devices: an overview of malicious USB devices (by Adrian Crenshaw).
- How To Completely and Securely Erase Your Hard Drive
- SANS Intrusion Detection FAQ
- Antiviral Software Evaluation FAQ: how to review, evaluate, and decide which antivirus packages to buy (by Robert Slade).
- The WWW Security FAQ by Lincoln D. Stein & John N. Stewart
Friends of Select
- Bill Mullins Weblog
- Protect your Profile and Internet Status: a blog that shows you simple ways to protect your online and offline identity.
- Bookmarks4Techs: features over 500 links to useful tech sites (frequently updated).
- What’s On My PC: a blog about computers, software, gadgets, and information technology.
- Experts Galaxy: all about computer and digital security.
- Security [CENTRAL] Forum
- Raj Chandel’s Blog
Sumber Artikel: http://www.selectrealsecurity.com/useful-security-resource